We offer personalized, medical standard treatments and procedures utilizing today’s most advanced technologies, scientific knowledge and personalized services.
We only recommend services that we believe will enhance your life and beauty. We will never try to upsell you for treatments that are not required, or would have little benefit.
This quick and convenient treatment immediately restores smoother, younger looking skin and is great for treating:
- The appearance of fine lines, scars and wrinkles
- Sun-damaged and uneven skin tone
- Acne-prone skin
- Superficial age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Excessive oiliness or dry skin
- Microdermabrasion is suitable for all skin types
- A single Microdermabrasion treatment can remove as many dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin as three Chemical Peels
- The treatment encourages better cellular renewal which improves elasticity, overall texture and reduces signs of aging
- The vacuum and medical-grade crystal controls are flexible, so patients can tailor their treatment for their individual skin type needs
- Does not require any recovery time
- Following Microdermabrasion, the skin is in a better condition to absorb anti-aging and acne creams
- Microdermabrasion is much more effective than having Chemical Peels, so patients often combine the two treatments to get the best results.
How is Microdermabrasion treatment performed? The skin is cleansed and the prep solution is applied prior to treatment. A highly controlled flow of medical-grade crystals is then passed over the skin using a handheld device. These crystals, delivered at high velocity directly onto the skin’s surface are immediately vacuumed away, taking the topmost layer of dead skin cells with it. This mechanical exfoliation process improves both the tone and texture of the skin and also reveals the new, living skin cells that are soft and smooth. At the same time, the underlying epidermis is also stimulated by the treatment, promoting new collagen, thickening the dermis and improving the resistance to the effects of aging. After the procedure, antioxidant moisturizer and sunscreen is applied to hydrate and provide sun protection for your skin.
How long does a Medical Microdermabrasion treatment take? The average time for a treatment is 30 – 45 minutes.
Will I experience any pain during my treatment? Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, painless procedure, although you may experience slight discomfort for a short time as the medical-grade crystals are delivered at high velocity directly onto the skin’s surface. However, the controls of the hand held device and vacuum capacity are flexible, so you can opt for a less intense treatment. You can discuss this with your nurse at your consultation.
What do I need to consider after I’ve had my treatment? After having your Medical Microdermabrasion treatment, you may experience slight redness in the first 48 hours. Some patients, dependent on skin type, may experience slight shedding but this is a natural side effect and nothing to be worried about. We recommend patients avoid heat treatments, such as saunas, sun beds, hot baths and vigorous exercise for 24 hours after having treatment.